A2IM Indie Week, Day 2: Spotify’s Indie Curators
With Day 2 of A2IM’s Indie Week in the bag, we’re looking at important indie curators moving the needle on Spotify.... chartmetric.com @chartmetric #chartmetric #musicanalysis #dataanalytics #spotify #curators #indie #A2IM #indieweek
2019-06-19 // A2IM Indie Week, Day 2: Spotify’s Indie Curators
- Spotify and major label curators always move the needle, but with Day 2 of A2IM’s Indie Week in the bag, we’re looking at important indies of the bunch.
- Good morning, it’s Rutger here at Chartmetric with your 3-minute Data Dump where we upload charts, artists, and playlists into your brain so you can stay up on the latest in the music data world.
- This is your Data Dump for Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
- A2IM Indie Week, Day 2
- With Day 2 of A2IM’s Indie Week in the bag, we’re looking at important indie curators moving the needle on Spotify.
- Way up at the top is PopFiltr, with nearly 5 million playlist followers across 13 playlists.
- Boasting a 13 percent follower growth rate over the last 28-day period, PopFiltr has plenty to brag about, and artists or labels can submit their songs for consideration at popfiltr.com.
- Indiemono is another hidden gem, with 2.2 million playlist followers across a jaw-dropping 252 playlists, which a little something for everyone.
- In the last 28 days, Indiemono experienced a 3 percent follower growth rate, and they also offer an easy song submission process at indiemono.com.
- There’s also the indie indies, or the individual curators who are so good at what they do, they continue to kill it flying solo.
- Take Ignatious Pop, for example, whose 451 playlists have just over 2 million followers and a 4 percent growth rate in the last 28 days.
- Or Jesuss Vargas Gonzalez, whose 93 playlists have 1.5 million followers and an 11 percent growth rate in the last 28 days.
- Landing their playlists is probably going to be a bit harder, as they’re less about submissions and more about discoveries.
- Also keep an eye on up-and-comers Playlist Pop, with a 71 percent growth rate….
- Independent Hits, with a 539 percent growth rate, meaning they’re probably new and growing really fast….
- And ambitious LA-based indie label and playlist network Plvylists (who’ve swapped out the “A” for a “V”), with a 125 percent growth rate.
- The more that major streaming platforms corral the radio market, the more important curators will become as promoters of what’s hot, what’s new, and what’s never been heard.